Since my uncle's cancer diagnosis, he's been in and out of the hospital. He's been getting chemo treatments but not taking care of himself like he should. I talked to my Mom this morning and she told me that my uncle was out of the hospital. So I'm thinking okay, good. He must be doing a little better. Then she says that the doctors said there's nothing more they can do for him. The cancer has spread rapidly and aggressively. They can only make him comfortable until he passes.
I feel like I've just been punched in the chest.
Lord, I am trying to hold it together over here but I can barely breathe.
I can't even begin to imagine what my grandmother is going through right now. One more child lost to cancer. I found out today that my grandfather's family (sisters, brothers) ALL died from cancer.
*sigh* I can't do this today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So sorry to hear about your family. I lost my cousin to it a few years ago. She wasn't even 30 yet.
Go home and spend time with your family if you can.
The last place you want to be is at work.
That's heavy...
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I know how hard this must be for you and your family.
I'm not very religious but I do believe in god and I know that there is nothing more powerful than prayer.
Aww Monie-I'm so sorry to hear that....Cancer is so horrible. I've dealt with losing loved ones to cancer-so I know the hurt that comes with it. My thoughts are with you and your family....I agree with Op D...spend time with your fam if you can.
Man-I don't even know what to say....I'll be praying for you all...
I'll be keeping you and your family in prayer. I imagine that this is a very tough thing to deal with.
stay strong in God and yes, go be with your family...
you and your family are in my prayers.
Monie, I am definitely going to pray for you all. I'm so sorry that your family is going through such a difficult time.
Wow...that is rough, accepting death as the inevitable aint ever easy..I took it super hard when my aunt died of cancer, wishing that I spent more time with her.
Post a Comment