Yesterday, I was nice and took D out to dinner. He was in an ok mood while he was at work. However, when he got home and discovered that his Xbox was again not working, his mood quickly went south.
DIGRESS:
WTF, Microsoft? This is like a $500 game system. There is no reason why it should be freezing up and doing other dumb shit. D has sent it back at least 2 times now to be fixed. That's some bullshit.
I'M BACK:
I noticed his mood when he got in the car so when he's like that, I either try to joke around to make him feel better or just leave him alone. He was telling me about how one of his female friends needed him to come over to hook up her computer. He didn't feel like doing it yesterday so he said he'd just tell her he was going to the gym and couldn't do it. I asked him why not just tell her the truth. He asked me if I always tell my friends the truth when I don't want to do something. I said no. He said alright then. In the most joking manner EVER, I said "You need to start telling these hoes the truth". All of a sudden he goes off: "Why do you have to call my friends hoes? Why are you disrespecting them?!" Yackety smackety blah blah blah. I told him that it's not like I haven't called them hoes before (jokingly) and that I was just kidding. He wasn't trying to hear it. I knew that he was just taking his bad mood about the Xbox out on me so I tried to ignore it but seriously...that shit pisses me off.
Needless to say, he had an attitude while we were at dinner. He wasn't saying much. I wasn't saying much. Whatever.
We ordered our food and started eating. I got a steak with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. The kitchen ran out of mashed potatoes and they weren't done making more by the time I was done eating. I was a little peeved by this. Our server asked if I wanted to take another side to go. Uh, no. That would be stupid. Instead I asked for it to be taken off the check or to get a free dessert or something. He said he couldn't take it off because it was a side and came with the meal. GRRRRR. He said he'd ask the manager about the free dessert.
While he was away asking, D goes on and on about how I won't be able to get a free dessert and blah blah fucking blah. I told him most places will do something like that for you when they run out of food or some other such inconvenience. He said this place was not "most places". Just basically being a real a-hole.
The server comes back and says that I won't, in fact, be able to get a dessert. He apologized and said there was nothing he could do. He walks away and the first thing out of D's mouth is: "I told you."
Whooooooooooo, boy, I swear I wanted to reach across the table and punch him in his jaw.
I was already mad at the fact that he was taking his attitude out on me but then for THAT to come out his mouth....
Now, I'm a Scorpio so my temper is like fire. I hold grudges and I hate when people say stupid, unnecessary shit to me. I paid as quickly as possible (yes, I still paid for both our meals even though I wanted to choke slam D -- I'm not that much of a bitch lol) and we went home.
I went to the restaurant's website and sent an email telling them what happened and what I felt I deserved. Because at the end of the day, I did not get my COMPLETE meal. True, I could have taken a side to go to get that complete meal but I didn't want that.
I received a call today from the manager. He apologized profusely and said it was nothing but a big misunderstanding. He said he would have given me a free dessert no problem if he had known the full story. I could tell that our server was fairly new so I believe that he probably didn't tell the manager the whole deal with what happened. Anyway, the manager said he'd send me something in the mail (a coupon probably) and that next time I'm in there to ask for him because dessert would be compliments of the restaurant. I told him that his apology meant everything and I appreciated his call and his gesture. I was nice and civil. LOL
D is cool now. We don't usually stay mad at each other long. He gave me kisses last night and said he was sorry. Early this morning, while we were asleep, I turned over and made a mistake and elbowed him in the forehead. LMAO! I gotta keep his ass in line somehow. Fighting him in my sleep works for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
One of my sisters is a scorpio and I am VERY surprised that you were so civil to D - are you tellin the whole story? D is really in the hospital somewhere isn't he?
How he gonna take issues with the Xbox out on you??? lol I tellz ya that game is like crack and he was going through withdrawal!
lmaooooooooooo @ opinionated: Nuh-uh, I promise he is safe and sound at work right now. He might have a dent in his forehead due to my sharp ass elbows but he's alive.
LOL sounds like he had his man period. My boyfriend gets like that too. A few days ago he messed his computer up and took his attitude out on me. I chalked it up to his "menses" lol.
leave D alone!
everytime I hear the beat to "Laffy Taffy" I think of him.
I'm glad to hear the restaurant came through in the end. It really surprised me that the manager wouldn't come off a measly free dessert. It's odd, too, that he wouldn't have asked the server, "Now, tell me again why this woman is requesting a free treat?" You didn’t mention whether you went back at D with a hearty “Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah!” after the manager called.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I blog about over at my site (you also know me by another moniker).
lol @ e
@ isis: He was wrong and you know it. It's funny Teresa said her two cousins still laugh about that! LOL! "Shake that Laffy Taffy!"
@ vent: I'm about to check out your site now. What other moniker do I know you by?
D doesn't know (until he reads this) that I even emailed and complained. I really, really, REALLY wanted to gloat but I've gotta be mature about the situation, right? ...Right? = (
LOL!
I can't reveal my other persona here on open channels (and I see you [wisely] don't provide an e-mail address), but just think about it.....
You can either visit that other blog where we both commented and Nic, I think, told you where to find my blog, OR, e-mail me at beltsvilleshopper@gmail.com for your next clue as to my identity.
This is fun, huh?!
Girl...you are hilarious [ROTFLMAO @ your elbowing D in the head]....
My daughter is a scorpio so yeah ummm....I know how y'all can get down.
Glad you two are past it now.
Fighting in your sleep lol. I know yall weren't mad anymore, but I hope the scorpio in you was like "Told you so" after you told him about your conversation with the manager lol.
Post a Comment