Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brothas...get it together!

So yesterday, I'm sitting outside my classroom waiting for the previous class's students to leave. I'm minding my own, reading a book.This guy walks over and stands against the opposite wall, facing me. He's on his cell phone and because he's talking so damn loud, I can hear his entire conversation. I look up (my Daddy told me to be ALWAYS be aware of my surroundings) just to check him out and then go back to reading. Now, I don't make it my business to listen to other people's conversations but like I said, dude was being real loud with his. I could hear a chick on the other end. He's telling her that he's off on Thursday and Friday so she can come over and spend the night on Wednesday. They discuss him cooking for her and something that makes him laugh and say "Hell, yeah". I am thinking "Ew" to myself cause dude is *not* cute.
Anyway, he hangs up with the girl and comes over to me.

Frodo: Hey, I just had to come over and speak to you. What's your name?

Me: *thinking: No, he didn't just get off the phone with some chick and then come try to holla at me* I'm Monie.

Frodo: Hi, how you doing, Monie? I'm Eric.

Me: Hi, nice to meet you.

Frodo: You reading a book for class?

Me: No, it's for my bookclub.

Frodo: Oh, a bookclub? You're all smart and stuff, I see.

Me: *blank stare* (I thought being in a bookclub simply meant that I could read and enjoyed discussing my readings with other people)

Frodo: Well, I came over to see if maybe I could take you out someti...

Me: I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend.

Frodo: I'm not trying to get to know your boyfriend.



INSTANT SHUTDOWN


Now, I have blogged about this before but I cannot get over just how rude some of these ninjas can be! In my opinion, if you approach me and upon hearing I have a boyfriend, you proceed to disrespect my relationship...that tells me you are only interested in what's in my panty-drawls. And last time I checked, I wasn't a hoe so...

Me: We live together and I am very happy. (I hate having to explain myself. I need a better comeback. Something rude but nice LOL)

Frodo: Aw, ok. You sure? We could have a good time.

Me: Yeah, I'm sure. It was nice meeting you though.

Blahhhhhhhh...I'm so glad I'm in a relationship. I couldn't imagine dating if these are the types of lame-o's that I'd have to be subjected to.

9 comments:

thee modern isis said...

Yup.. I hate the line.. "your man don't mind you having friends though right?"

I hate that crap with a passion. I got a better one for you Mon.

How about maybe 6 years back I was at the bus stop on Shaker Square. This dude is on the passenger side of a truck yelling at me like.. "Ay ma what's good?" I had a ring I always wore on my left hand for quick outs.. so I held up my finger like "Sorry.. I'm married."

Tell me why did he throw up his finger and pointed to his wedding band like.. "Shit me too? What's up?"

I was TOO THROUGH! I was stunned and almost missed my bus.

anonymousnupe said...

One of my frat brothers used to respond this way when a young honey dip offered up the "But I got a man" rejoinder: "Baby, it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and he don't matter! LOL!" (Wait. Did I just divulge a frat secret? Lemme check the manual whilst y'all read on...)

On behalf of the entire male species of the human race...ok, just the black part...I apologize for Frodo, passenger-side-truck-riding dude, and their entire ilk, for all past and soon-coming gaffes of this nature. And it will happen again, unfortunately.

(...Ok, checked. No need for alarm.)

Anonymous said...

I probably would have simply said:

"And I'm not trying to get to know you."

With a smile, of course, cause I'm sweet like that.

I never give a dude some excuse cause then it just becomes a thing where he tries to address the excuse, and now he's just wasting my time.

I'm.Not.Feeling.You.Homie.

Even.If.I.Were.Single.

Which.I'm.Not.

Monie said...

@ isis: AW.HELL.NAW!
I think I would have fell the fuck out.

@ nupe: At least that line would make me laugh. I hope he'd follow that up by saying he respected my shit and kept it moving. LOL!

Monie said...

@ mia: That's perfect. LOL!

Jazzy said...

lmao@frodo ninja!!!!

I usually say, "I have a man, so I'm not interested." Follow that with a cold disinterested stare and they get the message...some do anyway!

Don said...

Monie, we're men...fragile men.

Sha Boogie said...

Yes, be happy you are shaked up! You see the BS I have to go through...{{rolling my eyes}}

LMAO @ 'ninjas and frodo'..HAHA!

Laydia said...

*pulls back the velvet rope* Welcome to my world!! Even when I lie through my teeth and tell dudes I have a boyfriend they still come hard. I have resorted to telling them "Well if you were my man you wouldn't like it if I was out here getting to know other men and making new friends." It's not rude, but it usually shuts them down.

Lol@ Frodo!!