Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Answers

I'm sleepy as hell. Now I'm sorta glad I only got three questions. I wonder if I can take a nap if I close my office door?
First question from Peachy. I think this is the first time she's left a comment. Loser. LOL!
She asks: How many times have you truly been in love?
NEVERRRRRR! LOL Naw, for real. I have only had 5 real boyfriends in my life. Joe, Jeremy, Randy, Adrian and now D. Joe and I got together the summer after we graduated from high school. We always had a little crush on each other but nothing ever came of it until then. I remember I saw his date at the prom (who the hell told her to wear black lipstick with a black dress?!) and I got sorta jealous. Not cause she was cute (hellllll no!) but because he was with her. One day that summer, he called me asking for my advice about some chick and I basically told him he needed to stop messing with her and get with me. I was a pee-yimp! It was cool for the summer. But come August he was going away to North Carolina A&T and I was going to The Univ. of Toledo. We tried the long distance thing. He ended up cheating on me. That shit's a dealbreaker for me so we called it quits. I was pissed then, naturally, but we're cool now and he's in a relationship with a lovely lady named Pam. The one thing that I can say about Joe is that he is the one primarily responsible for boosting my self-esteem. Back in high school when I was crack fiend skinny and just awkward, he really made me feel good about myself. Sure, my family did that too but sometimes it's that outside opinion that counts. I loved him for that but I can't say I was in love with him.
I met Jeremy over the internet (hahahaha!) once I returned home from UT. It was a decent relationship. His family loved me. I was at his house all the time. He'd let me drive his brand new Mustang to work every day. Most of the friends that I have to this day I met through him. Including Adrian. About a year and a half into the relationship, he cheated on me with a snaggle tooth bitch that we all used to kick it with. The thing is...I didn't know about it. We broke up because he was moving to Arizona to go to school. He wanted me to go with him (is you crazy?!) but I wasn't on it. I didn't find out until AFTER we broke up that he had cheated. With Snaggle Mouth ANDDDD with one of the girls that I was still cool with. We stopped talking for 2 years and didn't speak again until he moved back to Cleveland. He moved back because his grandmother and his father both died all within a two week period. We're cool now but we don't really talk. His babymomma/fiance is NOT having it. Was I in love with him? Nope.
Randy (He's been mentioned in a previous post - the guy with the good hugs) was...something else. I definitely loved him. We were together off and on for about 5 years. But in love? I don't know...it could have just been the bad boy thing. I can't really say. We ended on bad terms and I haven't talked to him in years. So I guess for him...I'll say no.
Adrian. Good relationship. We just really clicked. The first time I met him, he was at Jeremy's house (they were/are best friends) visiting from California with his girlfriend. We were all cool. We'd all go kick it when Adrian was in town. Jeremy and I broke up. Adrian and I kept in touch. He was the one who told me all the dirt Jeremy was doing while we were together. Was that some snitch shit? Yes! LOL! He moved back to Cleveland and I got him a job at my place of employment at that time. He actually still works there. Anyway, I'd see him at work and we'd flirt with each other but we didn't actually get together until two years after Jeremy and I had broken up. Adrian didn't man up and call Jeremy to say that we were together. Somehow, Jeremy found out and called Adrian PISSED. Saying that I was "his" ex and blah blah blah. I don't know about yall but I don't take too kindly to being thought of as someone's property. And I understand they were friends but that shit is so high school to me. Adrian and I were in a serious relationship, we weren't just fucking. So yes, Adrian should have called and gave Jeremy the heads up. But I feel like this...it's hard to find someone to be happy with out here. If Adrian and I were happy regardless of who was friends with who...I know people will say all day that I was wrong but I can't really say that I care. That was one of the best relationships I have ever been in and I took a lot of positive things from it. Anyway, Jeremy is pissed, Adrian backs down like a punk. He starts treating me like shit because he's under pressure from Jeremy about our relationship. I get fed up real fast and drop him. Adrian was a weak ho for going out like that and in my eyes he will always be a weak ho. I loved him. I was in love with him. But he's wack for that shit. We're cool now. But as I said in a previous post, he's married to The Bitch From Hell so we don't talk.
And lastly...my D. I can say right now that I am in love with him. I can see us married with 2.5 kids and the white picket fence. Sometimes he angers me to the point of no return...but I still love him. The ways that he's shown me his love (staying up all night cutting out little paper hearts to decorate the house for a treasure hunt he set up for me) are astounding. I love his lips. I love his big head. I love that little dip in the small of his back that I call my "Rice Bowl". I love his arms and his abs. I love his scent...So to answer the question (this post is long as hell ALREADY) I have truly been in love only twice.

From Tom_Gurl: Do you want kids? If so, how many...??
Yes, I do want kids. A boy and a girl would be perfect. A healthy baby, period, would be divine. I'm in no rush though. My nephews are enough for me right now.

Finally, from E: How did you get into your line of work? Did you go straight from college and stick to your major? Did you network/do an internship and get hired somewhere instantly? Or did you start working outside of your major?
Hi E! I started my college career at the University of Toledo. I was there for two years but returned home due to some personal stuff I was going through. I did not leave with a degree but I majored in Accounting. I have taken classes off and on since then, still majoring in Accounting. I wish to God that I would have been able to finish while I was at Toledo. It's been hard trying to work full-time and go to school full-time. Sometimes it came down to taking a class or paying rent. Between me having to re-take tons of classes (because credits didn't transfer) and not being able to go straight through...it seems as though I have been in school forever. But for the past year or so I have been on beast mode. I had 2 classes this summer and 5 last semester. I'll be taking 4 this Fall. After that I'll have 11 classes between me and a BBA in Accounting. I CANNOT wait. I will be the first in my immediate family to have a 4 year degree. After that, I plan to get my MBA and CPA. Might as well do it big, right? As far as my line of work now...I do more HR than anything else. But the good thing about this job is that I do finance-related stuff as well. I do all the invoicing, I track our expenses, I do A/P and A/R, etc. I'm getting a lot of experience and learning a lot. I have never done an internship. I found the job I have now in the newspaper. LOL! I was SICK AND TIRED of my previous job so every day I'd come home and look at the paper and the internet for another job. I sent my resume here, got called in for an interview, got called in again for the final interview and got hired. I was lucky in that respect. I'm sure that internships and networking would bring great opportunities your way.
So uh...did I answer the questions? I'm not sure. LOL! Yes, right now I am working outside of my major. If I need to do that for a while before I can find a job I love (and pertaining to my degree), I'd be willing to. This is a great company and I am make a few pesos. Plus they are paying my tuition. LOL! I think you are thinking along the right lines. Get the degree, do the networking/internships, work outside of the degree you earned if you have to. Sometimes that job might be the doorway to the job of your dreams.

Okay, this is long and my carpal tunnel is acting up. Thanks for the questions. Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Laydia said...

Whew!! I feel like I've known you for years now lol.

Monie said...

@ Mahogany: LOL! I did sorta put it all out there, huh?

thekidnexxtdoor said...

I found you while stepping down the stones at Sister Toldja's. I read, I liked, so I am leaving a comment. I feel you on the education, it took me a minute as well and I admit, it was worth it. Don't give up, keep doing your thing!!! Peace

Tom_Gurl said...

I need to think of another question....I feel short changed by the short ass answer....(though I know there's only SO much you say on the matter)I'll be back....

Monie said...

@ the-last: Thanks for reading and commenting. Do come back...