As you all know I recently moved. My old apartment was bogus as hell and I had a little incident with them recently. You know how you have 30 days to get your security deposit back? Well, I didn't get mine within 30 days. I had to call the leasing office repeatedly and they kept lying and telling me it was in the mail. When I called the actual property managers, they told me they had my check right there. Fucking liars. They couldn't give me an answer on why it wasn't mailed out. They wouldn't overnight it so I had to drive 40 minutes to go and pick up my own security deposit. I was PISSED so I filed a complaint with the company and with the Better Business Bureau. I am all about complaining if I feel like something is wrong. LOL
Anyway, this is the email that I got back from the property manager this morning. It was addressed to me and she cc'd the woman at the BBB and a lawyer. I have taken care to protect the innocent (me) and the guilty (them). I would love to put them on blast but I won't do that. Read below:
Regarding the complaint filed by Monie in the Middle on 8/14/07 the first order of business is that ##### Companies does not own the apartment where Monie in the Middle resided. Please note that #####, LLC is the owner and responsible party for this claim.
Ms. Monie's security deposit was $475 and we refunded $285 of that deposit. The stove, toilet, bathtub and cabinets were very dirty. Blinds were broken and the there were thirty-one nail holes in the walls. That is in addition to the normal wear and tear you would expect with a move-out.
Ms. Monie's complaint is correct as she received the check six business days late. The security deposit went through our Deposit Accounting Department due to the adjustments for excessive cleaning costs and repairs.
I am not aware of anyone "lying" to Ms. Monie that the check was mailed. We never intentionally held her security deposit. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will gladly reimburse Ms. Monie 50 cents per mile for her the mileage from Cleveland to Akron to pick up her check.
Ms. Monie can contact Leasing Office Liar for mileage reimbursement at #####, LLC. The phone number is 000-000-0000. Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this complaint as resident satisfaction is our top priority.
Ass Clown
#####, LLC
Well, hell. She light weight dogged me and tried to make me seem like I kept a nasty house. D and I cleaned the hell of out that tiny ass aparment before we left. She said "blinds" were broken but ONE small end of ONE blind was cracked. She tried to play me. And THEN...50 cents per mile?! GTFOH!!!!!
So, I relaxed myself, woo-sah'd a little bit and this is what I sent in response:
BBB Lady,
I apologize for filing a complaint against the wrong company. I sincerely hope that the reputation of ##### Companies will not be tarnished. It is very clear to me now who the guilty party is.
Ass Clown,
As far as the “excessive cleaning costs and repairs”, I don’t agree with your assessment of the damage and I don’t understand what that has to do with why my check was late. Regardless of any repairs that needed to be done, you had 30 days to handle them. Nowhere in the email below do I see any REAL reason why the check was late. I paid the security deposit on time so I should have gotten it back on time. Period.
You may not have been aware that the employees in the leasing office lied to me but I can assure you that they did. Yet, why should I expect your company to admit to any wrongdoing?
Additionally, one would think that because I had to go so far as to file a complaint, that YOU would tell Leasing Office Liar to contact ME about mileage reimbursement but now I see how your company works. Is this an example of the “resident satisfaction” you speak of? You can keep the few measly dollars I would get in exchange for my huge inconvenience. Perhaps you can use that money to hire someone with some taste to handle those unsightly, so-called million dollar renovations. I will get more conciliation from telling everyone I know to steer clear of that residence!
##### are quickly earning a name as the slums of [name of suburb]. Taking this incident into consideration, I can certainly see why. Customer service speaks VOLUMES about a company. It would benefit you to remember that.
Good day to you all.
-Monie in the Middle
Take dat, take dat!
Sidenote: You really should see these renovations. They are awful. Like something out of a bad 70's nightmare. I am glad to be OUT of those apartments. Have a good weekend, yall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Go Monie! You gave them a verbal smackdown. I love it. Do you have a business card? I may require your services if and when I am in a situation like that lol. I'm mad they tried to play you like that, I guess they didn't realize who they were "effin" with. "Don't F with Monie" for real lol.
Chile, they just don't know, do they?! I can type the hell out of a complaint letter so I don't know why she went there with me. Oh well!
Tell em' girl!!! The SOB's!!!!
Funny how they can take their time in giving you back what's rightfully yours.
I'm sure that when you moved in, they were breathing straight down a sistah's back when it was time to come outta pocket for the place.
Think you coulda told them you're gonna give it to em' in 30+ days??? [HELLZ NO]
SLUMLORDS!!
That motherless ass-licker. I can't believe she tried to dismiss you as a bad tennant.
lmao@your response and "take dat take dat!"
I move a lot and so far I have never had my security deposit returned on time. Here in NY, the management companies have six months and they take their own sweet time, so ONE day after the six month deadline I have my letters out to the Better Business Bureau and the NYS attorney general. They have never failed me! :-D
That's why I'm so glad I own now. No more putting up with that crap!
Heyyyyyyy! Thanks for putting me on your blogroll :)
ROFL!!! Girl, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you lived in my apartment complex. They've been doing "million dollar" renovations here for the last 4 years lol. The carpet in the hallway smells like someone scooted their bare butt cheeks up and down the hall after not properly wiping their butt, but when I moved in, I was told it was going to be replaced...RIGHT.
Sorry for the vivid description lol.
Ill Matic!! WOOT! WOOT! (ala, Arsenio, what you know about that?..lol)
great blog post. I absolutely loved reading this. I need to know what suburb it is since Im a clevelander and I have an office in fairlawn.
that was great" you get em girl"
Post a Comment