Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Terrible pt. 2

Okay, I'm back.

Anyway, nothing new has really been going on. School still sucks nuts and I can't wait until next semester. I am so OVER this semester. Work is work. My family is well. My bills are paid. Thank God for that.

Ooh! I started doing the Master.Cleanse on Sunday. Not familiar with it? You can do a Google search but here are the basics. The night you start, you drink a laxative tea called Smooth.Move before you go to bed. I know...hilarious! During the week of the cleanse you are not allowed to eat. You drink a quart of sea salt water each morning and drink a organic lemon juice/organic grade B maple syrup/cayenne pepper/distilled water mixture throughout each day. You drink the laxative tea again at night before bed. Rinse and repeat for 7 days. On days 8 and 9, you drink orange juice and water all day. Day 10, you can have a vegetable broth. This is all done to reintroduce your body the right way to food. You're not supposed to go out and get a Big Mac on Day 11, either. LOL! You should eat light foods...baked fish, steamed veggies, etc.

Two friends of mine have done this cleanse and raved about the results. Also, on Oprah, Beyonce said she did this cleanse to lose a little weight for DreamGirls. I'm not doing this cleanse to lose weight, although that would be a nice bonus, I'm doing it because I started to feel different. Sluggish, tired, irregular. Just all bad. I experimented the week before to see how long I could go without eating before I died. I skipped lunch and breakfast and had an extremely light dinner and I was ok. Usually, I am a raging bitch when I am hungry. I didn't eat any meat all last week and stayed away from fried foods and junk. Although I did have a piece of carrot cake for dessert on Sunday. The last supper. LOL!

I am now on Day 2 and I'm feeling fine. Not hungry at all...I just have an urge to chew something and experience different textures. The lemonade drink is really not that bad. I will be using less cayenne next time though because my mouth is on fire every time I take a sip. The worst part really is the sea salt water. I feel like I'm drinking the ocean. It's so gross but it's mad effective. Believe me when I say, it runs THROUGH YOU. You do not want to drink that without being close to a bathroom. It's nasty but you can see all the gunk it's flushing out of your system.

D has already told me he doesn't think I can do the entire 10 day cleanse. He's seen firsthand my hunger caused bitchdom. But that just further motivated me...I won't let him be right.
And to not have eaten for an entire day and a half...I'm doing good. No hunger. No shakiness. No wooziness. I feel...full. I'm on a mission. Wish me luck. I'll try to give daily updates without it being TMI. LOL!

@ E: I got your comment about my hair progress. I will do an update on December 18th. That will be a full 3 months since my first picture. D said he notices a difference in the length. I notice a huge difference in my ends. They are not all chewed up anymore. Also, my hair is definitely fuller and softer. I think it's because I finally know how to moisturize my hair the right way. I'm still sticking to my regimen although my silk scarf has been slipping off at night and I get so frustrated I just throw it on the floor and go back to sleep! LOL!
I will be getting a touch up on November 16th. It will be, at that point, 10 weeks since my last relaxer. I wanted to go longer (I was shooting for 16 weeks) but I have a trip planned and I can't rock my pony and be as cute as normal. What's really crazy is that my hair is behaving! I have been using the Mango Butter on my edges and it's working wonders! The last time I called myself trying to grow out my relaxer, I quit around 8 weeks because my edges were a hot mess. The Mango Butter is my savior. It's not super hard. It makes my hair shiny and it's giving me the nice wave action. I am very excited to see how my hair will look next Friday.

I think that's all. If not, it will be for right now cause I gotta pee again. Later!

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

Girl good luck with that. I'm not abig eater, but I snack...a lot! lol

I know I couldn't go ten days without eating. I would have to be sick...near death...or my jaw would have had to have been wired!

My co-worker lost 8 pounds in 10 days and ended up gaining it all back and then some by the end of the month...so be careful.

Monie said...

LOL @ Diva! Thanks, girl!

Laydia said...

I'm going to start the Master Cleanse after the holidays. I don't wanna clean my system out only to clog it right back up with my mom's baked mac and cheese lol!!!