But that has nothing to do with today's blog. Just wanted to share that. LOL!
Anyway, I was driving home from work Friday evening and listening to the radio. Sam Silk (evening D.J. on 107.9 - Cleveland's BLAZING Hip Hop and R&B) has some segment on his show where someone calls in with a dilemma they are having and then other people call in to give their advice.
I didn't hear the dilemma call or any of the advice calls but from what was being said, this was the situation:
A man and a woman have a baby together. I guess they were together for a while but it didn't work out. Dude didn't have a car so baby momma took him to work whenever he needed. I guess dude moved on and started dating someone else and the baby momma found out by going through his phone. She got pissed and told him that she didn't want to take him to work anymore. I don't know if there's more to this but that's the gist of it.
Sam Silk's opinion was that the girl was wrong and that she should continue to take him to work. Francine (the lady who does the traffic) said that dude should have his own car and the baby momma is not obligated to take him to work any longer. These two knuckleheads got into a damn near shouting match over who was right and who was wrong. Sam told Francine that that's why she's single. LOL! It was kinda funny.
So I'm asking my readers...what do you think?
Here is my personal opinion:
Whether the dude has a car or not is irrelevant. She was with him when he didn't have a car so that doesn't matter.
To me, the baby momma just needs to keep it all the way funky and admit to herself that her JEALOUSY is the reason she doesn't want to take her ex-dude to work anymore. And I say jealousy because she had to go through his phone to even get the information that he was seeing someone else. When you are snooping through someone's stuff, there is a lack of trust there. Lack of trust...jealousy...they go hand in hand.
I think that she should continue to take him to work. It wasn't a problem when she thought he wasn't seeing someone else so really, it shouldn't be a problem now. I didn't get the impression that he was throwing it in her face...obviously not because she had to find the info through his phone. I would think that the whole shit would be uncomfortable enough where he would make moves to get his own car and only have to deal with his baby momma where it's concerning their child.
BUT, if she really has that much of a problem taking him to work in the future then she needs to be honest and tell him that. But I think that since they are co-parents of a child, she needs to be fair and reasonable. For example, she can tell him that she clearly still had feelings for him and maybe even thought that they were gonna get back together. Taking him to work would be difficult emotionally for her so she could tell him that he has a set amount of time to find another way to get there. Maybe a month or two.
The Monie of years ago would have agreed with Francine. Yes, that ninja should have his own shit! He better NOT be seeing someone else and I'm taking this ninja to work! LOL!
But as I have matured and grown older, I have the ability to see the bigger picture. As hard as it might be sometimes, you have to be honest with yourself and your feelings. Jealousy can make you do some crazy shit. You have to be grown enough to realize that and do what's HONEST and FAIR instead of what your crazy ass, jealousy filled brain is telling you.
My head is pounding so I'm about to find a dark office and take a nap. LOL! Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I ain't even finish reading the whole post. I just had to stop and say that the whole time I'm reading this I keep seeing that part in the movie "Friday" ...when Craig's wild girlfriend was like "Unh-unh muthafu**a'! Ya think ya slick...Well ask THAT bitch!!!"
Okay I know that was kinda random, but I get distracted easliy. And have a vivid imagination. I'm gonna finish reading the rest of your post now, and make an honest attempt at answering that question :)
I think he's a grown man and she's not obligated to do anything for him.
I feel that she may have choosen to take him to work while they were together because in all honesty it was in the benefit of her! He goes to work = more money for their household.
She prolly is a little jealous of the new woman. Which is ok and maybe she should talk to him about it; but, why should she pick up this other womans man so that he can bring $ home to their house?
Okay I'm back!
What was their relationship defined as before she found the number in the phone?
Were they living together? Are/were they screwin'?
I hope not! Anyway....
IF! homie was telling me one thing while he was busy practicing making another family with the next broad, I might just have to give him 1/2 a ride to work. (leave his ass somewhere shivering on teh freeway) I'm just being honest. I can be jealously driven! I know it's not a good look, but hey, you want the truth right?!!
But if there was nothing between them besides the kid and the car rides, and she still got her feelings hurt....it might be a good idea to do what you recomended, and just say that "Taking him to work would be difficult emotionally for her so she could tell him that he has a set amount of time to find another way to get there"
Not a WHOLE MONTH though Monie !!!!! You're killing me!
Peace :)
LMAO @ Jenny and Nic!
From what I understand, they were not together. Just parents of the same child. I don't know if they were screwing or not.
Fuck all that maturity bullshit.
Either New Boo needs to take dude to work or he needs to get the Monthly RTA pass and make it do what it do. Lol.
LMAO @ SBC!!!
First off baby moma needs to be real with herself and her feelings. If there were no feelings, she wouldn't care, kid or no kid. How Minerva would have handled it? I would have put a stop to the M-E Shuttle System when we broke up. With baby moma still doing favors for a man that has clearly moved on, she is setting herself up to be used. I can see if they had an understanding and they were both dating other people and remained plutonic parents for the kid, but I don't see that as the case, even with half the info missing.
I wouldn't take him to work either. I agree with what Jenny said. She's not obligated to do it. I guess if she was doing it as a friend and they had no expectations from one another, then he has a right to be confuzzled about the situation. But if there were feelings involved, I wouldn't give him a ride either. His new girl can be his personal taxi, lol.
Post a Comment