Thursday, February 21, 2008

Because I Owed You

So...D's and my trip to Miami was wayyyyyy back in September and I still never posted photos from that. My bad. LOL! Here are just a few:



Port of Miami - It was really nice while we were there.



He's gonna kick my ass. Hehehe!

Nighttime.





I think the evening was just starting to get fun at this point. Hehehe...droopy eyelidssssss...LOL!



********************************************************


Now for the Valentine's Day photos. Here are just a few:




My lovely sushi dinner.



The Spa Sanctuary

Close-up of my bathtime treats.

The Red Room. Ooh-la-la!

THE RECKONING

The above is a photo of me in 1998. I had just graduated high school and off to college I went. Called myself doing some modeling. Ha!

Anyway, at this time I weighed around 120. Plus or minus a few pounds. And I'm 5'7 so you can imagine the gangly giraffeness of what I was working with. I really didn't like being this weight. My legs were like twigs. I had no ass, breasts or hips to speak of. I felt frail as hell. The only good thing about it was my flat belly.

Now, in 2008, I am 167 pounds. I've gained almost 50 pounds in 10 years. Which is not that bad...considering all the fucked up shit that I eat and all the working out I don't do. I definitely feel more solid. Boobies? Check. Hips? Sorta check. Ass? Hey now. Gut? Ummm... Chubby face? Errr....

I call this The Reckoning because it's starting to go past solid into...ew. It's time to nip this shit in the bud. Starting February 25, 2008 I am taking part in a 3 month program with my job called Shape.Up.The.Nation. My Ohio team (I'm team captain!) is competing against all our other sites for money and prizes. We are tracking our weight, hours worked out per week and steps taken per day. At the same time I am doing this program, I will be doing the Fat.Smash.Diet (Celebrity.Fit.Club - Dr. Ian). My target weight is 130-135 pounds. According to the powers that be, this is the healthiest weight for me. I have 37 pounds to lose. Shit...that sounds like a lot. LOL!

Because I'm team captain, I can't do my usual and slack off. I have 10 other people counting on me to lead them. I'm super excited! Better believe that I'll be giving updates. Wish me luck!

Okay, about to watch the debate now. I'm out!

11 comments:

kit von b. said...

your pics are so cute! i'm a bit of a camera whore myself (if you can't tell by now). the bathtime treats look heavenly, and so does the red room. loves it! and good luck with the work-out program!!!

-karrie b.

thee modern isis said...

smh@ I'm in your boyfriend's top 8.. you're such a nerd.

ugh@ sushi

lol the red room is nice.

I feel you on the shape up thing.. I first have to conquer the "lazy" thing.

Good luck Mon

Monie said...

@ karrie: Thanks, girlie! Imma try to work it out!

@ Tash: I'm a nerd??? LOL! Really? Alright, Ms. High Tech!

Anonymous said...

Good luck,

Did you save me any of those treats? They looked yummy.

Tom_Gurl said...

D reeeally went all out on v-day didn't he?

Loving the pics....and GOOD LUCK with that weight thing...I've been convincing myself to get to the gym...and um..yeah, still trying to convince!

Don said...

Hey monie, nice pictures. You look so happy in the fourth picture. Always a good look.

Props on the romantic pics.

Jazzy said...

As I looked at all D put together I just kept saying WOW...D definitely won some cool points from me!

You do not look gangly in the last pic! Didn't realize you were so tall though...sigh...I wish I was! Of course I noticed the shoes first...luv 'em!

Good luck with the shape-up program! I wish we had something similar at my job.

Tom_Gurl said...

lol @ Diva....I was thinking the same about D..but I didn't wanna say nuthin....but yeah...what Diva said!! :D

anonymousnupe said...

Can I just say nice ta-tas (blue t-shirt) without being considered too crass...since you brought them up and everything?

Sha Boogie said...

LOL @ calling Karrie a camera whore, HA! I wish I had my camera half as much as she did..lol.

Ohhh..the sushi dinner and spa looked devine!!! awwww...

Sha Boogie said...

Oh..what I really meant to say was, I wanna loose weight too! I was 185 *gasp* last year, now I'm down to 170..and still chasing another 15 pounds. 5'11..hips? err..no. Ass...double no..uhm..flat stomach? Depends on what I'm wearing, HAHA!