Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Official

I need to get laid. My last couple posts have been about sex, touches, kisses...I NEED some sexing, touching and kissing, dammit! LOL!

How was your weekend? Mine was good:

FRIDAY - Saw Bruce Bruce at the Improv. He was HILARIOUS and I was surprised to see he's lost TONS of weight. My stomach hurt I laughed so hard. His opening act was Gina Yashere. I had seen her before but I'd forgotten how funny she is. She's Nigerian but was born in the UK. The accent...it was sooooo TomGurl! I LOVED it!
D and I went together and he bought two extra tickets. He asked his bestfriend Kevin to go and I asked Ashmo to go as his date. They were SO cute together! Ash was feeling a little un-confident because she'd just gotten bangs cut into her hair and she hated them. I think she was trying to stand Kev up but I threatened her life and all was well. She looked fine (her bangs are really cute!) and Kev was feeling her. Just call me matchmaker.

SATURDAY - Searched all over town for the book I was supposed to have read for my book club meeting scheduled for later that evening. I couldn't find it anywhere! I had tickets to the Indians game (Club seats!!!) but I had given them to D so he could take his Dad. I missed the previous book club meeting and felt bad so I was going to pass up the game tickets.
Well, Dad cancelled and D's little sister couldn't go to the game with him. (And I'll be DAMNED if he takes another broad to the game with MY tickets - whether we are together or not! LOL) It was meant for me to go! D and I get downtown and it's cold and rainy. We make a plan to stay for a few innings and then bounce. However, the Club Lounge was THE SHIT! Free food and drinks. We had burgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, salad...it was SO, SO good! No wonder those tickets are so damn expensive! We went and sat outside for a bit, watched about two innings, saw some drunk bastards get kicked out the lounge and then went home.

SUNDAY - Picked up my granny from church and went to the memorial service for my uncle. The hospice where he lived until he passed has a memorial service every year for the people who were in their care. My aunt and my cousin (my uncle's only child) met us there. The service was beautiful. People read poetry, there was music and singing. I sorta lost it when they did the reading of the names. I miss my uncle so, so much. It just doesn't seem like he should be dead.
I think it's really nice that they do something like this every year. They keep in contact with my granny, they even go visit her.


That's me and my Granny after the service. She's so fly. Don't we look alike? LOL! She said that I'm gonna look exactly like her when I get to her age (78 years young). I can only hope!

15 comments:

Jazzy said...

You two look a LOT alike!! And Granny is looking good for damn near 80! OMG...really she does. Beautiful skin even.

The service sounds like it was really special. I was tearing up just reading about it, sooooo that's all I'll say about that!

You are funny, but I am so with you about making sure D didn't use your tix to entertain some new chick...not happening!

Monie said...

@ diva: Thanks!!!! I love my granny to death man! That is my GIRL!

swag_ambassador said...

granny fiiiine.. shoot, she was prolly pullin tough back in the day.. eartha kitt-ish! are those light eyes? LOL

u alway smsilin, i dig that.

swag_ambassador said...

*smilin*...

iono what smsilin is.. LOL

Monie said...

LMAO @ swag: Thanks, hon. And yeah...I get my light eyes from my granny. Hers are a bluish-gray color. Hot! LOL!

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Granny looks like she's "Bout It".

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Your grandmother looks absolutely fabulous and yes, you DO look a lot like her too.

I've only seen Bruce Bruce on ComicView [and even there, I think he's funny as hell] so I know you enjoyed that show.

Eb the Celeb said...

Glsd to hear I'm not the only one going threw sexual withdrawal. I need to get laid too!

La said...

Omg yall look JUST alike. There is no way she could ever deny you, lol

And she's 78?!?!?!?! *jaw dropped* she looks DAMN good

eclectik said...

Look at Granny!
Tell her e said "Hey!"

About that other stuff...Tell you I said "Hey"!

e.

Rashan Jamal said...

Yo, Granny is fresh. Reminds me of my grandma. She's 82 and looks like she's in her 50s. Still gets her hair and nails did every week.

I've never been in the club seats. Sounds like the move.

Monie said...

@ bossmack: Granny is SO bout it!

@ ms. b: Thanks! The show was great!

@ eb: Girl, what is we gone do?!

@ la: Thanks, honey bunches! That's my twin!

@ e: Heeeyyyyy, LOL!

@ rah: Your Granny sounds great! And yes, the Club Seats are THE business.

Don said...

Nice pics Monie. Love grandmothers. They tell it like it is. lol.

Bruce Bruce is a funny dude.

And I know what you mean about the book clubs - too many d*mn demands.

Tom_Gurl said...

Awwww look at Granny!! She's soooo cute! And you two look too much alike!! I'm overly smiling! I love grandparents!!!!

It's so nice that the hospice does a memorial service every year....man, death is hard!

LOL @ the accent! Gina is one funny chick!! Glad to hear she's doing it out there repping for the UK and ting!

kit von b. said...

granny is a hottie. sigh. i need some skoinkin too.

-KB