So yeah...the accident.
Ash and I left the boy's house after getting the sunglasses and were driving down the street about to jump on the freeway. Some arsehole decided he wanted to get on the freeway too so he slammed on his brakes in the middle of traffic. Him slamming on his brakes caused a chain reaction of brake slamming, me included. Except I slid in the rain and slammed my ass right into another car. The front passenger side light and bumper were crushed on the G6 and the back driver end of the car I hit was messed up. We all got out to check for injuries and what not. I'm standing outside in the rain, just in shock that all that had actually happened. Dude I hit called the police and while we waited for them another accident almost happened right next to our car. Some guy's car just cut off while he was driving. The car that was following too closely behind him almost hit him.
The police arrived and told us to drive to the parking lot of the Best Buy that was just up the street. We got there, told him what happened, he got our info, dude and I exchanged info and the officer told me that I wasn't at fault. Two witnesses saw the dude that caused the accident and how he fled the scene.
By this time, the boys had been informed that we were in an accident so they met us at the Best Buy. I called Enterprise to see what we needed to do with the car because I couldn't drive it with only one headlight. Plus when we made right turns it sorta made a BRUHBHHBHB noise. They told me they would call a tow truck to tow it and they would see if I could get another car from the airport to get home. They got back on the line, told me a tow truck was on the way but that the airport was out of cars so I'd have to wait til morning to get one. *sigh*
Ash and the rest of the crew went back to the house while Smurf and I waited for the tow truck. About an hour later, we were on our way back to the house. I called my insurance company to report the accident and Richard fixed me a drink. I was sorta stuck on stupid for the rest of the night. I passed out around 11pm. Got up the next morning, Smurf and Shan dropped us off at the airport, we got another car and peaced out.
So, that was our weekend. Lots of good times, a couple bad ones. We already told the boys that the next time we come down we are definitely flying.
I'm home again today so it's back to the couch. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
OMG! that's so crazy! I'm glad you're ok.
I'm glad you're safe and fine and what not. "arsehole" though?? That had me rolling. But I'm glad you're cool...
I can only imagine how shaken up you must have been...
Glad to know it wasn't worse and that you walked away from it A-okay!
I couldn't agree with you more as far as making the decision to fly.
Those long periods on the road S-U-C-K!!!
@ la: Thanks, darling!
@ c: Hehehe! Thanks!
@ ms. b: I don't mind the road trip...it's the accident that sorta sucked. LOL!
I'm glad you are ok!!!!
Boo for accidents! Hate em'. Was Hampton the same way I left it? Highway to everything, no busses and country @ss folk?..LOL
good grief girl! and u came back with a cold! It's sounds like u had fun tho', u know-other than the accident and almost accident...u know what i mean!
@ thic: Thanks, boo!
@ boog: LOL! Yes, girl, it was pretty bammafied. But I did like the drive over the bridge and into the tunnel from Hampton to VA Beach. The water was beautiful.
@ steph: Yeah, this cold is kicking my ass right now!
arsehole...lmfaooooo
glad ur okay babe.
-KB
Damn, it's too early to be typing. I had to delete that first one. Let's try this one again.. and take 2:
Sorry to hear ya been sick sweet pea, get some rst and drink plenty of OJ. Something has definitely been going around.
The trip sounds fun minus the accidents.
@ isis: Thanks, babe.
Mon - glad you're alive to tell the tale! I HATE HATE HATE stupid drivers! ugh!!
Post a Comment