Friday, February 1, 2008

Blog in my Comments

In the spirit of something different and creative (I think), I have decided to direct questions to each of my regular blog readers and have them answer in my comments. People tend to blog in your comments anyway, so now I'm gonna give yall nakkas a reason to. Of course, you don't have to answer the question I ask. But I might call yo ass a punk if you don't. It's all love. LOL!
Let's go:

E: If you could change 10 things about your boyfriend, what would they be?

SBC: If you had the chance to plan your dream wedding, what would it be like?

Millz: Build your perfect man. What is he like?

Diva: You have to save the first man that ever hurt you or a chick who was your best friend but you can't stand now. Who do you save and why?

Tash: The friend/baby situation ceases to exist. What do you now do differently?

Don: One of your daughters is 17. Some knucklehead she's dating is dogging her. What do you say to her to give her the strength to let go?

Ms. B: Name some of the things that made you fall in love with your man.

Mahogany: You have the chance to say whatever is on your mind to the first man that broke your heart. What would you say?

Neill: Describe the person you think your daughter will be 15 years from now.

Nik: You just had the BOMB night of "doing it and doing it and doing it well". What went down?

Sha-Boog: You and Snap have a baby. (LOL!) What qualities from you and from Snap would make the "perfect" child?

Jen: My's dad is back in your life and somehow he's PERFECT. What changed about him?

Tam: You overhear TBM tell your hubby that she wants to try it again with him. What do you say to this chick to put her in her place?

Thicky Thic: How did you propose to your wife?



Have fun!!!!!

18 comments:

Jazzy said...

Uhhhhhhhh...why would I save his azz so some otha woman can benefit from all my hard work?

He's dying and that's that. It's a she thang!

Wait...but if he was doing and doing and doing it well...maybe I might have to save him. Wouldn't want all that goodness to die with him.

But...I don't know dammit...it just depends! lol

Enjoy your weekend!

thee modern isis said...

I say got damn.. you have some pretty good questions here.

You have me about to break my "I don't blog on the weekend" rule.

I'll have to answer this when I'm in the comfort of my own home.

Sha Boogie said...

Your blog idea is awesome, Monie!

Hmmm...good question, what mix of qualities...?

**rubbing my chin**

I would have to say, both of our 'spunk', his smarts, my level headed views, both of our sense of humor, def my looks (HA!), his fashion sense, my unique taste, and both of our chill, relaxed personality. I think that about sums it up!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Hmmm...Lemme see...

I fell in love with him for jumping @ the opportunity to fill the shoes of a next man by being a father figure to the two children I had prior to meeting him...

I fell in love with him for having faith in me during all those times when I didn't have faith in my damn self...

I love him for having been there for me/havin' had my back when I was strugglin'

I love him for puttin' up with me [because I know how hard I can be sometimes] but guess what...I'll never give him the satisfaction of admitting that shyt LOL]

This was a pretty cool idea for a post Monie!! :-)
Hope you have a good weekend.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

well left 2.5 caret ring under her pillow while she slept, she acceptd but lost ring, s she aint m wife. u dont stop by no more y

Eb the Celeb said...

Whoa!... This is some good ish... very cute post!... I cant wait to see all the answers!

Diddy Bop said...

o boy...lol. this is a toughie..
1.) the way he chews, lmao
2.) i wish he would speak up when something is bothering him
3.) he needs to handle his money better
4.) he needs to be more adamant about getting engaged and then married to me :D
5.) i want him to know how to cook
6.) think before he speaks
7.) not be so stubborn
..
i can't think of anything else right now but if i do ill post the other 3 responses.

Anonymous said...

my daughter in 15 years? that question wakes me up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. at the moment, she has some serious brains with looks to match...but there's a problem - she has zero confidence. it's a scary combo. i've got another few years left to figure out how to instill more confidence. in 15 years i can see her either in some ivy league school, or ?????. it's the ????? that worries me. oh well, as i tell her every night, i'll love her no matter what.

thee modern isis said...

I am so mad I answered this Saturday night but it didn't go through.

I typed before.. in regards to my friend with the baby. I am wise enough to believe that nothing in life happens without reason. If he had not been enroute to be a father, or in a relationship, I can see myself opening up more, not giving him only a piece of my heart for fear of getting hurt, not being scared to fall completely but instead trying to relish in the idea and get consumed with and by love. I would understand that it was okay if I fell.. but if we fell together then the love would be that more great.

So things happened the way that they did, but it could be that I was being prepped for the real deal when it so comes.

Good post Mon.

Anonymous said...

Cool post!

Monie said...

LOL @ Neill! That's a good answer...

Janelle said...

It wouldn't matter if My's father finally got a job (like that would ever happen), became the owner of the company, sold the company for millions, became instantly independantly wealthy, brought a small country and offered me the world in a small Tiffany's box.

I would never go there again.

I wouldn't spit if he was dying of thirst.

Sure I'd be happy that my daughter would actually be able to recieve some of those child support payments she hasn't gotten in the last five years.

He has character flaws....some that the fog of socalled love hid from me and some that can never be changed. Some that he didn't develop until after we broke up (since I was the first woman to ever tell him NO and stick to it)

I'd never go there again.
He stole from his mom.
Hasn't called his daughter in months.
Hasn't seen her in longer.
He put his hands on me. Twice. Once while I was pregnant.

I'd make an ass of myself if I even thought about it...feel me?

Monie said...

Whew, Jen, you better PREACH, girl! *smh* at that negro!

Anonymous said...

My dream wedding? Wow... I haven't thought about that in a very long time. But you know since I'm in deep like right now, I guess I can play along. Worst that can happen is that I don't end up married and die single and fabulous! Lol.

Not too detail specific, but, a few key elements would include...

- a dress that makes me looks like a black Audrey Hepburn (or at least FEEL like her!)

- outdoor location (preferably a gazebo of some sort)

- walking down the aisle to Chrisette Michele's "Golden"

- small wedding party

- two first dance songs @ the reception; a song that I dedicate to him ("You Put a Move on My Heart" by Tamia) and a song he dedicates to me

- live ass reception with lots of line dancing, liquor, cheesecake, and random kisses between me and my groom

John "JP" Pickens said...

very nice post

Tom_Gurl said...

Qualities: Romantic (but not overly), supportive, understanding, ambitious, hard-working,honest,not afraid to show his feelings, strong willed...

Physical: Attractive, strong(for those wrestling matches-lol don't ask...), taller than me (but not overly-not tryna strain my neck!) a good kisser (most definitely),nice smile....

and of course, knows how to work the equipment the good Lord gave him! ;-)

Don said...

Good post, Monie.

Knowing me, and knowing how you can talk to a 17 year old until you are blue in the face...

I'd probably do something which forced her to think about what I wanted to say. Something like...

Give him one dollar and some loose change when she asked for money. Or fixed her a small plate whenever she ate. Or put holes in her favorite shirt or whatever.

Drive all her gas out the car. Call her names. Take her cell phone without her permission.

Anything that could make her ask, "Why are you treating me like this?"

So I could reply with something like, "I thought this was how you liked to be treated."

Eventually, she has to break down. Then I would build her spirit back up.

Monie said...

@ thic: Not gonna answer, huh? LOL!

@ T Gurl: I like the sound of your man!

@ Don: That's very, VERY interesting. A good concept, I think...