As I have been told by two lady friends of mine (side-eye to Milly and J) I have been slacking on my posting. I know, I know. But I do have a good excuse. Work has been terribly busy. And since I don't get paid to entertain you fukkers...I must go when work calls. In addition, I haven't had shit to blog about. Monie's world has been pretty boring as of late. I think of stupid shit as I'm driving home and then as soon as I sit at my desk to type it up the next morning...it all leaks out my ears and I can't remember anything.
I haven't bought anything new and cute. D has been normal. My friends have been normal. School has been normal. Fam's normal. *shrugs* Iown know what to tell ya.
Oh! I did have an interesting convo with some coworkers last week. How many of you believe in psychics and other supernatural things of that nature?
A lady I work with was telling a few of us about a friend of hers. This friend had a brother with an extreme case of OCD. Everything had to be in order, his life had to have a pattern that was followed to the T every day. Well, brother lost his job and this sent him off the deep end. Not too long after that, he killed himself. Went to Lake Erie, parked his car and walked off the pier into the lake. He couldn't swim and Lake Erie can be treacherous. He was missing for a while and his sister went to his apartment and saw that his bed wasn't made. She knew something was wrong then. She found a suicide note soon after. They eventually found his car but didn't think he would have went into the lake because he couldn't swim. Every day she went back to his car to see if he would show up. This lady has a psychic friend and although no one else in her family believed, she called her and asked for her help. They both went back to the pier and instantly the psychic lady knew the brother was dead. She said her head started to hurt really bad when she walked in a certain spot and that he must have hit his head as he fell. The police wouldn't drag the lake for his body. At that point, it wouldn't have been safe for them to do so. Soon after that his body washed ashore and just as the psychic predicted, the brother had a huge knot on his head. He had hit his head as he fell in. Through other conversations, the psychic was able to tell the sister that the brother was coming to her often. Wanting her and his family to know that he was extremely sorry. The psychic was giving a reading to someone else and the brother kept coming through. She called the sister and told her that her brother had a lot to say because he wouldn't leave her alone. LOL. That story was crazy to me.
I remember when I was young...maybe about 10 or so...my aunt (mom's sister) was murdered. She was stabbed multiple times and then someone ran her over with their car. The police had no leads. It was tragic and I remember it so well because it was around the time of my birthday.
My mom told me this story a few years later. She was in the basement washing clothes and she was home alone. She turned around to hang some clothes on the line and my aunt was standing right there. Mind you, my aunt had been dead for a couple years then. She said she wasn't scared...she just stood there waiting for my aunt to say or do something. My aunt finally said that it was her boyfriend who killed her. And then she...vanished, I guess. My mom shared this with my granny who told the police and that helped the police come to the conclusion that my aunt's boyfriend was the one who murdered her. By this time, he had already fled and was nowhere to be found. Still hasn't been found to this day.
My mom has also seen the spirit of my grandfather. He passed away just before my brother was born in 1976. She said she saw him standing over my brother's crib one night.
Now, my mom might act a little crazy but she isn't nuts. LOL! Do I believe her? Yes. Could it have been grief and other things that might have caused her to see these things? Maybe.
I don't know...I guess it sounds a little far-fetched when you really think about it but I can't say that I don't believe. I do believe that people are born with certain gifts to be able to see and hear and feel what normal people can't.
What do you think? Do you believe in the supernatural?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
*side eye right back atcha- ha!*
WOW!!! And you don't think that was worth blogging about??!!!
I do not believe that all these people claiming to talk to the dead can do it, but I do believe there are some that are chosen for it.
I wish a pschic would tell me the winning megamillion numbers though...now that would REALLY make me a believer!
Supernatural? No. Spirituality? Yes. I'm a scientist/engineer, so we need proof of things. Which is kinda ill cause I have faith too. I dunno. I've seen some wild things with no explanation, and some things you have to accept as being true.
my mother is like that to a sense.. shes a naturally insightful woman to begin with, but of course outside of dreaming of fish when someones preggo, or the other southern thangs, she does have times where she tells me things to consider.. and I will lsiten.
my lil 3 yr old cousin says she talks to her uncle, ma cousin, who passed a couple years ago.. its interesting cause she never met him..but she mentions "uncle derrick says hi everybody"..
interesting..
like opinionated diva, i do believe certain people are chosen as vessels for another realm or the other side or whatever its called.
my sister was murdered by her boyfriend in 2003 (like your Aunt, stabbed to death) and right after that I could sense her all the time, like smell her perfume or just sense she was comforting me while I cried, literally feel her energy. Now not so much. I do talk to her when I get sad, I WISH WISH WISH, i could see her and just talk to her one more time, she was my girl! I dream of her often.
I don't believe in the supernatural myself -- NO.
I had an encounter ONCE with someone who does though and it was weird because I didn't know him/he was just some random cab driver who was taking me to the airport one night.
We were driving past a cemetary at the time and he asked me [without turning around] "If I saw all those people sitting on the headstones in the distance".
First I tried to ignore dude but when he asked again I POLITELY told him I did NOT.
He told me he can see dead people all around him...that some talk to him and ask him to convey messages to their families.
[He kept rambling but I wasn't trying to hear that shyt] I plugged my headphones in my ear right after saying a silent prayer that he wasn't some lunatic who was going to TRY to pull over to the side of the road and kill me.]
When we got to the airport he offered to help me get my bags but I was like Nah...I'm good. Didn't want him touching my shyt [JUST IN CASE].
That shyt freaked me out for real!!
I've had tons of psychic incidents and predictions. I usually don't talk about them because I don't wanna sound crazy.
But here are the two biggest ones:
I predicted my step-grandmother's death. I had this strange feeling. I was in the bathroom and I told myself by the time I came out somebody's gonna call and say she was dead. I chilled in there for a minute waiting for the phone to ring. I finally gave up and came out. Sure enough. As soon as I opened the door my mom's walking to me to say my uncle just called and she had passed. Then she haunted me afterwards by sleeping under my bed for a few weeks. Unless it was just my guilty conscious playing tricks on me...
The 2nd..
I had a vision when Aaliyah died. I was at Georgia Ave Day in DC. I was looking at a group of girls walking past me. One girl in particular caught my eye because I thought she looked just like Aaliyah. Then someone got in the way. I kept waiting for her to turn around so I could see her again, but she never did. That night I fell asleep w/ the tv still on. When I woke up around 2am or so there was breaking news that she had died. I later found out that her plane crashed at the same time I saw the girl in the crowd. I remembered the time because it was right before we were leaving to head somewhere else.
Aaliyah and I also share the same birthday. And Capricorns are thought to have psychic abilities. I've dealt with it my whole life.
I wouldnt say slackin...I say prioritizin...missed you no less though.
LOL@ But she isnt nuts
Ooookie Dokie
Me likey some you
e.
Nah... ever since Ms. Cleo... I dont do the psychic thing... i feel like it something from a higher power has to tell me something... i want it to be from God and God alone!
If God created us, he may have very well blessed some of us with the ability to see spirits. My mom has visions a LOT, so does my uncle. I have had a few, but its clearly few and far between. I have never seen a dead person, but my mom and uncle have.
Anything is possible.
I know I scare easily, but crap, those stories gave me the jibblies.
I definitely believe in the supernatural.
I believe in God and that Jesus Christ died and rose again for me. I believe in heaven and hell.
But, I also believe in the supernatural without question.
I have had SEVERAL experiences.
When I was a little girl (like 6) in Witchita, KS there was a pastor (Christian) who told my mother that there was a lot of "people" around me. And told my mom she needs to teach me how to make them leave me alone. And all my life there has been.
I have SOOOOO many stories...
When I was 7 I told my mom that my cousin Malika (10 months old at the time) would die the day before she did. I got a whoopin.
Now I won't go as far as the cabbie did and say "I see dead people all the time". But I see them and feel them frequently.
Sorta just live with it now.
I don't know if I want to call it 'Supernatural', but I do have a strong sense that things will happen before they do and I'm always right. I may be off just a bit. My first sense that something was gonna happen was with my aunt, I asked my moma what would my cousin do when she died. There have been several instances after that, the most touching were the death of 3 close relatives. Everytime I had a vision I would always tell my moma. I had a strong sense my grandma would die because of some of the things she said/happened, I was off a bit because it turned out to be my grandaddy. I remember getting upset(boiling mad)with my aunt for planning my great-grandma's birthday party because I knew she would never make it...she didn't. The wierdest was me dreaming about my great uncle finding out his mother died (which was my great-grandma who'd already died)so I knew death was once again upon my family. This was around the time of Coretta Scott Kings death, I watched her funeral and just cried my eyes out. I remember saying over and over ow beautiful the spray on top of the casket being beautuful...a couple of days later, my moma was killed in a car accident. I didn't know it would be her, but in respect to the vision I made sure she had a very elaborate spray like Mrs. King. I just don't want to call it a supernatural ability (for whatever reason), I think that God allows us to have strong senses at times to help us or others deal with situations. I am sooo happy that I have the ability, I miss my moma and grandaddy alot. I like that when I'm feeling down or crying my self to sleep they come to visit me and let me know that everything will be alright. I feel like its their way of saying I'm still here with you and our special time together the dreams are sooo full of life. Sorry for being sooo long and I hope I didn't freak you out too much ;-)
OMG!!!!! Don't get me started. I'm a huge beilever in the supernatural. I wish I had some type of extra-sensory power, and I've always been like that. As for you not being able to blog as often...now you know I can't say anything about that (as many vacations as i've taken from blogging, lol).
"it all leaks out my ears and I can't remember anything."
I have that problem too. I just started saving ideas in my phone w/ alarms to go off around the times when I'm at the office. Anyway, glad to here there's no drama, and that everything is.....normal.
Peace.
argggh i missed this 1. glad ur back tho!
-karrie b.
I totally believe in the supernatural. Whenever I hear the house 'settling' I always shout out 'I wish you all would stop all that noise!!' and the creaking stops..lol
Post a Comment