LOL! Yall sick of these random posts yet?
I hate when people come downstairs looking for my boss (who's office is across from mine). Last time I checked, it wasn't my day to watch him and he's not in my back pocket. I'm not the receptionist and he has a cell phone if you really want to find him that badly. Leave me alooooone!
My BFF struggles with depression. I try to be there for her as best I can but sometimes it's really hard. She can't really find a therapist that she likes so she doesn't go. I have talked to her about getting on meds but she's so against it. She said she doesn't want to take a drug for the rest of her life and she doesn't want a drug to "alter her thinking". She thinks that a drug will make her "think" that all the problems that she's having are ok. She said that as long as she changes her situation, she'll get better. I told her that unless she has done thorough research and talked to her doctor, she can't assume how she will react to the drugs. She contemplates suicide but she doesn't even want to consider taking a drug that could make her better. It's a tough situation. One that I've never dealt with before. I'm trying to just take it one day at a time.
In one week, I have lost 6.4 pounds. Go Monie! I haven't had fast food this entire week. Well, wait...I did have salads from Subway. But that was only because I forgot my lunch one day and the other day, I was in the mall and that was my only option. But...I didn't get any cheese or meat on it and I got oil and vinegar and salt and pepper as the topping. They were pretty good. Eating healthy is not the hardest part of this. It's the working out. Sweating? Ech. I still haven't quite figured out what to do with my hair. I can't wash it every day and I can't wear it down when it's a sweaty, hot mess. I have been rocking the snatch back for a while and I'm getting a little tired of it. Plus it's not good for my hair. Ladies, any suggestions?
Back to the diet. I have been cooking dinner every night which is something I have done...never. Last night, I had baked turkey and yellow and green zucchini that I cooked in my wok. It was SO good! I impressed myself!
It is SO nice outside today. My mood improves 100% when it's warm out. I can't wait for summer!
Today, I shredded some old pay stubs from 3 years ago. Man, I was making chump change back then and somehow I lived on it. Then again, my car was paid off and I didn't have to pay for water and gas in my old apartment. I sooooooo want a new car but I think I'm gonna pay my Malibu off and keep it for a while.
I think that's it. I have so much work to do, I can't even think! Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
People who bother you looking for your manager, need to learn how to read body language better, because I'm suuuuuuuure you are letting them know with the neck roll and the arched eyebrow, that you can't be bothered with such foolishness! LOL
Your friend...wow! I don't even know what to say about that one. I hope it works out though. It's hard to help someone who is being stubborn.
Congrats on the weightloss!!! woooooo whooooooooo!!! When I first started working out, I rocked braids...but then I got bored with those. I work out three days a week (when I'm being good...don't ask!), so on those days I keep it in a ponytail.
congrats on the weightloss from me too. i need to get on the stick. you could wrap your hair before you work out. i wrap mine before my dance class. it keeps it off of my neck, outta my face, and i don't have to wrap it over again before bed.
i have a depressed friend as well, so i know how you feel about that.
and don't get me started on this weather today. i wanted to play outside all day but the only sunshine i got was about 15 mins and then i spent the rest of the nice day at work :(
omg..."did u see where mary went?"..."didn't know it was my turn to watch her" arggghhh i hate that!!!
go monie!!! keep up the good work with losing thw weight girlie!!! i'm accepting donations.
-karrie b.
Yeah, that was mad random. I'm always in a good mood when its nice outside. I'm not looking forward to summer as much as I am to late spring. It's too hot in the summer, plus I can ball outside in the spring whenever I want. Thats just me.
I totally need to be inspired with this loosing weigh thing. I'm going to Jamaica in April and I still haven't gotten my bikini belly back!..lol
Love the blog! I'll be back!
showing ma face on the blog one time! wont be thee last
Congrats on that weight loss....I feel tired just thinking about cooking every day...nope can't do it...!!
It's a hard sito with your friend. Just try and be there for her the best way you can.
You know, back in the day I made petty cash too...but I was HAPPY for my money bwoy...AND I made it last...but as you get more money, you get more things to pay for! *grumbling* stupid ass bills!
Congrats chica. I'm with you on that, trying to eat right and what not. It's hard for me becuase, even thought looks may tell another story, I don't eat often enough. I usually have one, maybe 2 meals in a day, and no, they aren't big. I've been doing this since college when 1 meal was the standard. Not a lot of snacking or anything. I need a nutritionist....and a chef.
Dealing with a friend with depression is very taxing. If you let them they can drain the joy out of you. As far as the weightloss goes keep up the great work. It sounds like you have a lot of discipline. I promised myself to get back in the saddle on Monday. When I work out I find that it is easier to pull my hair into a pony tail and call it a day.LOL
This is my first time visiting. I will be back. If you get a minute check out my blog.
I am so weather depressed! All through the winter everything sucks and I am so emotional and sensitive and just a mess. As soon as spring hits, I'm like a totally new person. A totally new, half naked all the time person, lol
Well...
As a person who is currently being treated for severe depression, I can tell you that you your friend will not change her way of thinking until she hits her lowest point...she's still in denial if she thinks that medication will alter her way of thinking. I was the same way until I GOT ON THEM. Meds were the best thing that ever happened to me. As a friend, don't push because she will only resist more. Just try to be supportive...and if push comes to shove, send her MY way...drugs are good...lol
Oh and I agree...sweating is the WORST! I can do the healthy eating thing, but the sweating...forget it.
I started working out like last year and I stopped all because of that hair thing. I hate that I could not wash it everyday and it was stank and ....lol well you know.
Just came across your blog. Good stuff! Congrats on your weight loss! :-)
What are you talking about? I love the RANDOM posts!!!
she contemplates suicide but she doesn't even want to consider taking a drug that could make her better.
That is a tough position. Hopefully her situation improves and time heals her wounds.
I will NEVER get tired of random posts....of course I wont lol
I heart you.
Yes warm weather DOES make life lovely...what's better?
Shopping and sex
:)
e.
Sorry about your friend. I know that's frustrating for you. It's hard to help someone when their thought pattern is not right along with your own sometimes. Just pray on it.
Congrats on the diet!!!!!!
It's been a week since your last post!!
You know good and well, you aint HARDLY working that friggin hard!
*slamming the door on her way out!*
Sorry to hear about your friend. A have a few friends who I think are suffering from depression, but don't know it, or is in denial. Both have been in foster homes all their lives. Both let men hit them up and down the street. And actually, its the same with my one friend's sibling; her older sister and younger brother are both in abusive relationships.
Congrats on the weight loss.
Post a Comment